- For 107 years (1909 -2016) we were known as ‘DONCASTER AMATEUR OPERATIC SOCIETY’.
- In September 2016, the society went through a rebrand and ‘DONCASTER STAGE PRODUCTIONS’ (DSP) was formed.
- In 2020, DSP were officially granted Charity status.
- We present one ‘big show’ a year, in Spring.
- The society is open to anyone with the desire and ability to contribute to musical theatre, on stage or behind the scenes. We have a minimum age of 16 years unless the show we are doing requires children of a younger age. More details on joining the society can be found on the ‘JOIN US’ page.
- We welcome interest from anyone interested in joining our stage crew – especially those with experience. We have other non-performing members taking on essential jobs such as ‘front of house, properties and wardrobe’ without the reward of applause.
- The society is run by a democratic Committee elected by the members at the Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Evening rehearsal are usually Mondays and Thursdays, times are from 7.30pm – 9.30pm.
We belong to District 4 of the North East Area of the National Operatic and Dramatic Association (NODA) which provides assistance and training in all aspects of theatre. It comprises over 2000 amateur theatre groups and individuals throughout the UK. Each year these groups come together in a weekend conference held at Bridlington to share their love of this wonderful hobby.